How to Check your Car Insurance Expiry Date Online?
Whenever you enquire about car insurance to someone, the first idea that comes to their head is buying a policy at the time and just forgetting about it except for the yearly renewals. However, that could lead to a lot of problems in the future. Firstly, you miss out on various kinds of coverages that can be beneficial for you. Secondly, you are more likely to make mistakes with fulfilling the insurance formalities with driving. The best example is that you would have no idea what the details of the insurance policy are. This means you have no idea what kind of coverage you or how you can use it. Moreover, you might even forget to carry your policy documents while driving.
Fortunately, car insurance has been digitized enough for you to solve these problems effectively. Even if you do not remember your vehicle insurance details or have misplaced your policy documents, there is a way you can check your car insurance status. With almost every insurance provider having digital mediums, you can check your policy status online.
The online mode of interacting with your policy is efficient and fast. Every new-age insurance provider aims to offer the best after-sales service to their customers and a major part of that is a digital medium.
How to check car insurance status online
The process of checking the status of your car insurance policy is extremely simple. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) governs and manages all things related to insurance in the country. It has released a insurance data repository known as Insurance Information Bureau (IIB). IIB is a web portal designed to track the information about various insurance policies for motor vehicles. Here is how you can check the status of your car insurance policy online:
- Log on to the official IIB web-portal
- Enter the necessary details into the web portal. These details include name, email ID, mobile number, address, car registration number, etc.
- Once, you have filled in all the details and verified them, click on the submit button.
- The details of the policy associated with your details will appear. That means your policy is still active. However, if it is not active, the results will show the details of the previous policy.
- If following this method does not get you the required results, you can search again by using the engine and chassis number of your car.
Checking through your insurance provider
The best place to check details about your insurance policy is the place that your bought it from. This means that your insurance provider will be extremely helpful when you decide to check your car insurance status. You can contact them and interact with them through various means in order to get the information you need. Here are both ways that you can check your car insurance status with your insurance provider:
- You can visit the website of your car insurance policy insurance provider and check your insurance status there. Once you buy a policy with them, you essentially create an account that allows you to interact with the policy when you want. Hence, all you have to do is log in using your policy details.
- You can call your insurance provider on their toll-free customer care number to get your car insurance status. Interacting through the phone offers you a unique and personal touch to getting your information. The customer care executives that you speak to understand your query better and can help you with the information you need.
Most insurance companies offer the options of choosing offline and online services. Both have their sets of advantages and disadvantages. However, the online process is much simpler and takes much less time to get you the results you need. Hence, you should have your car registration number and policy details with you at all times. This way, you can check your insurance status online through your phone on the go. Keeping an eye on your policy status will help you in other parts of managing your insurance policy as well.
FinancesGlad is India’s fastest growing online publication Blog for Entrepreneurs, Small business, Bloggers and personal finance experts.