In its judgment on the statutory legitimacy of Aadhaar, the High Court (SC) has permitted PAN to be connected to Aadhaar. The Court of Apex has also said that Aadhaar will file a report on income tax (ITR) and apply for a new PAN. Check simple steps on how to link pan with Aadhar card online below.
In compliance with the notification of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), it is necessary to connect the PAN to Aadhaar before 31 December 2019. Unless they have linked the two first, a person can not file their ITR, according to chartered accountants.
Linking Aadhaar to PAN is compulsory because you won’t process your tax return if you don’t have a connection between your Aadhaar and your PAN. Furthermore, you must link your PAN and Aadhaar if you must perform a banking transaction above Rs 50,000. It’s very easy to attach a PAN card to the Aadhaar card, and the government has offered various methods to do so that you can know more.
Steps to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online:
Following are the simple steps to link PAN with Aadhar online:
Step #1: To link your PAN and Aadhaar, open the Income Tax e-Filing website.
Step #2: Submit PAN and Aadhaar number and name in the given form.
Step #3: Tick the option if only your birth year is mentioned on the Aadhaar card.
Step #4: See the captcha image value and type the same captcha code for verification or send OTP for visually disabled users.
Step #5: Select the “Link Aadhaar” button.
Step #7: A pop-up message appears showing that your Aadhaar is linked to your PAN successfully.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with PAN through SMS:
- Type a message in the specified format: UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN> in the registered mobile number.
- Send the typed message to either 567678/56161 from your registered mobile number
Facilities to Correct your Aadhar Card to PAN:
- Open the NSDL website.
- Attach duly-signed online documents proofs to receive your updated PAN details.
- Upon PAN details are corrected, applicants are confirmed by NSDL over an mail to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
- Go to the UIDAI webpage, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number and security captcha code.
- To the registered mobile number, One Time Password (OTP) is sent.
- OTP is required to change the spelling of your name.
- Supporting document proofs needed to modify other details like gender and date of birth.
- Upon approval, the user can link his PAN card with Aadhaar.
Offline Linking Method:
As mentioned above, CBDT has also established a manual approach to mitigate taxpayers ‘ problems if the individual is incapable of resolving the problem of mismatch in PAN and Aadhaar data through other methods.
The service is not free of charge, unlike online services. An individual has to pay them a specified price. The charge would rely on whether the PAN or Aadhaar data are changed during the linking method.
The fee charged is Rs 110 for any correction to PAN data. Alternatively, the recommended charge is Rs 25 to correct Aadhaar data. If there is a serious mismatch in PAN and Aadhaar info, biometric authentication is necessary.
Sudha is the senior publisher at Finance Glad. Sudha completed her education in BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration). She lives in Chennai. She is currently heading towards the banking topics. Sudha is an expert in analyzing and writing about most of the banks and credit card reviews. Sudha main hobbies and interests are reading, writing and watching the quality stuff over the internet. She usually wants to learn more productive stuff and share the best information to her readers over the internet via Finance Glad.