We know how important it is to reset password whenever you are stuck between your logins. Sometimes, we do forget our passwords and stuck in between while resetting — the same in the case with State bank of India net banking profile password. SBI net banking profile password is difficult to guess, and it consists of every security letter and the assumption you can’t make. Meanwhile, you can call profile password as 2A security, and it is different from the login password. From the login password, you can only log in to the dashboard of your net banking account, but the profile password is essential for various transactions or edits you made in your account.
Being one of the best banks in India, SBI is providing all the banking and financial services need to the customers. The net banking of SBI is highly secured and consist of two passwords for full access. If someone gets login password, then he can’t do anything until he gets the profile password for doing transactions. In this post, we are going to tell the process of resetting the profile password in case you forgot it. The process is both offline and online. Before that, let’s learn more about profile password of SBI.
What is SBI Net Banking Profile Password?
Profile password consists of special letters and characters, and it is difficult to guess. The customer needs to remember profile and login password of net banking for the full access and transactions. Profile password is asked whenever you try to edit your profile, fund transfer, or do any banking activity. However, if you have lost your profile password of SBI net banking then don’t worry, we have the solution for you.
Reset SBI Profile Password:
The solution is resetting your profile password of SBI net banking. It is yet another simple process if you do it online or it can be a long-time and challenging process if you prefer an offline method. The offline method is also available only if you do not get success in online method.
The thing is you will be asked to create security hint questions in first. It is because most of us usually forget our passwords but not the answers to the questions. However, there is a case as well in which we also forget the security hint questions and after that offline method is the only to recover profile password.
Now we know everything about the profile password of SBI and the things we need to know before the process. Let’s come to the recover part.
Recover Profile Password Online:
- First, you need to visit the SBI official website.
- Go through the login page from there.
- Enter the login details like your customer ID and login password. (Make sure to enter every aspect correctly)
- Click on submit, and you will be redirected to your SBI net banking dashboard.
- On the dashboard, click on edit profile.
- A popup will appear on the screen.
- Popup will ask you to enter your profile password. If you remember then it’s good otherwise click on the forget password option.
- Once you clicked on the option, a new popup will appear asking the answers of your security hint questions.
- Answer to the particular questions.
- Click on submit and then change your profile password.
- Choose the new password more secure and easy to remind.
This is the online process to recover SBI net banking profile password, but what if we even do not know the answers for the security hint questions? No worries if you don’t know the answer to your security hint questions then still you will be able to reset your profile password. However, the process is a bit difficult and time-consuming, and also it is the offline process that requires your visit to the bank as well.
Recover Profile Password Offline (If You don’t know the answers of security hint questions):
- The first thing you need to do is revisit the login page of SBI net banking.
- Login using correct customer ID and password.
- After that, go through the profile edit option from your dashboard.
- A popup will appear on the screen asking your profile password to proceed.
- Click on forget profile password option.
- After that, a new popup will appear asking the answers of your security hint questions. If you know the answers then it is good otherwise click on forget security hint questions option.
- After that, a new page will appear asking your branch code. You can check the branch code from your SBI bank account passbook.
- When you click on submit a reference number will appear on the screen. Note that and also download the form available on the screen.
- Fill the particular form along with reference number and give a visit to the nearest SBI branch for the same.
- After they receive your request, they will help you in recovering your profile password.
We all are connected digitally, and we need to be active and live in a digital lifestyle. We know that our India is now a digital India every other store is now accepting online payments and payments through accounts. This is why we require internet banking services, and SBI bank is one of the leadest banks in India. Currently, it is one of the best government banks in terms of providing banking and financial needs to the customers. The thing is we do not want our services to get stopped. Therefore, it is essential to keep our login details and stuff like profile password, which is needed in SBI net banking to safe.
Sometimes, it is urgent to do some financial transaction and if at the same time if we forget our profile password, then it would be an interruption. To make sure this thing should not be a problem for anyone, we have added the most convenient process to recover SBI net banking profile password. In this post, we have added all the details you need to know for recovering your profile password. We have added both the methods either you can reset your profile password online or offline. Do let us know in the comments section if you need to know anything else.
Sudha is the senior publisher at Finance Glad. Sudha completed her education in BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration). She lives in Chennai. She is currently heading towards the banking topics. Sudha is an expert in analyzing and writing about most of the banks and credit card reviews. Sudha main hobbies and interests are reading, writing and watching the quality stuff over the internet. She usually wants to learn more productive stuff and share the best information to her readers over the internet via Finance Glad.