For those customers who want to save their money for the future and also get the interest on that, SBI has the saving account with the interest rate. There are over 9,000 branches all across India. You can choose your account and enjoy the services. However, for a hassle-free experience, here are the important points for you.
SBI New Account Opening – How to Apply: Steps to Follow
There are two ways, either you like to go offline, or you can choose the online option too. However, it depends on you and what you prefer. SBI whereas gives the services to both options so you can easily apply for the Sbi saving and current account.
- Visit the branch of your bank which you find near you
- You can request the executive for the form
- Here you need to fill two important parts. The first includes your name, signature, address, and other related details. The second will be required your PAN card etc.
- Make sure that you complete all the boxes and answer all the answers. It’s important to remember that your form must match the KYC you submitted.
- For the initial deposit, you have to submit Rs 1000.
- Once the bank completes its verification process and all other important steps. You will get your passbook for free and the cheque book
- With that, you also need to submit the bank form
If you choose the online option: steps
Well, the bank has the online option too, so you can go with that too. Here are the steps that you needed to follow:
- Visit the bank website first
- Now click on apply now
- Choose the option of saving accounts
- You will get the form, add your name, address, date of birth, and other details.
- Once you submit the form, the bank will need you to request the KYC documents including the address and proof of identity
- When you submit the all needed things, the bank will start the verification process
- After the application got approved, the bank account will take 3 0r 5 days to activate
What are the Eligibility Criteria for SBI New Account?
There are certain points you are going to need for understanding the eligibility criteria. For that here are points:
- You should be the Indian citizen
- Your age must be at least 18 years old
- If you are minor, then the parents or legal guardian of yours can open the account on your behalf
- Your application must get approved including the address and identify proof
- You have to make the initial deposited depending on the minimum amount that your bank account needs.
Documents you need:
Well, for an easy and simple process, you must be ready with the all needed documents. Here is the list for you:
- Your identity proof related document including Voter id card, driving license and passport
- Address proof including passport, driving license, and etc. voter id card
- Your Pan cards
- Two photos of yours which should be in passport size
- Form 16, in case you don’t have the PAN card
Must Read : SBI Net Banking Login Guide for New Users.
SBI New Account Opening or Opening a bank account with a government bank is the most difficult task, and you need to stand in line for this. However, we know that all of the government banks are not same but if we are talking about the largest sector government bank SBI then it is possible. The services and the offers they give to business and standard account holder are more than excellent from any private bank.
That is the only reason of mine to open a bank account with this bank. In this post, we have mentioned the process of account opening in state bank of India. You can check out both of the procedure, either offline or online and do let us know in the comments section if anything is not understandable.
FinancesGlad is India’s fastest growing online publication Blog for Entrepreneurs, Small business, Bloggers and personal finance experts.